Woburn, MA residents discover clear braces for unnoticeable teeth straightening
Your smile affects your personal and professional lives. Its appearance is important. As an adult, you may have thought about teeth straightening options or enhancing your smile but have been turned off by the thought of traditional metal braces. Located in Woburn, MA, Dr. Moutevelis and associates at Four Corners Dental Care offer clear braces such as Invisalign to straighten the teeth without noticeable brackets. Clear aligner trays is a popular choice for adults seeking orthodontic care.
Orthodontic benefits of Invisalign
Patients who qualify for Invisalign have discovered a number of reasons why aligner trays have become the popular, go-to treatment for patients with mild to moderate orthodontic needs.
- Custom-created– Aligner trays are created on an individual basis using impressions of the patient’s teeth.
- Comfortable– Forget tightening wires or wearing rubber bands. Invisalign trays are made of comfortable, clear plastic and rely on gentle pressure to move the teeth into alignment.
- Pressure changes– Aligner trays use a series of trays, each with changes in the placement of pressure. Each set of trays is worn daily for a specified amount of time. After a couple weeks, the set is discarded and a new set. The changing pressure allows for continuing movement of the teeth into their proper alignment.
- Removable– The trays can be taken out to eat and to brush the teeth.
- Invisible– Because the trays are made of clear plastic, they are not readily seen by the public.
You control the results
The outcome of orthodontic treatment using aligner trays relies heavily on how responsible the patient is. Since the trays can be removed, the patient decides how often they are worn. Wearing the trays as recommended and only taking them out to eat or drink increases the likelihood of a positive result and decreases the possibility of future orthodontic work.
If you are interested in straightening your teeth, ask Dr. Moutevelis and associates if Invisalign is right for you. Call our office today. (781) 315-4456
Back to Orthodontics Home Page