Are you looking for a dentist who will provide quality care while also being a friend and treating your little one with genuine
kindness? Dr. Moutevelis and his team understand that kids aren’t simply little adults. Their developing teeth and
bones have specific oral health needs. They are also developing hygiene habits, and attitudes toward dental care
that will become the foundation for lifelong oral health. Our goal is to not only keep those little smiles healthy,
but also give parents and kids a reason to smile!
Children’s dental treatment
There is a common misconception that primary (baby) teeth aren’t very important. After all, they are only temporary. While
it is true that they are temporary, they serve many important functions as your child grows and develops. These teeth
serve as “placeholders” for the permanent teeth, helping to guide proper oral development. They also help your child
learn to speak clearly and chew food efficiently. Moreover, severe decay and other oral health problems can cause
considerable pain for your little one. We offer a variety of dental services designed to keep that from happening.
- Tooth bonding is a fast and economical way to repair chips, fractures, and other minor damages. Although a little
chip in a baby tooth may seem insignificant, it can provide the perfect breeding ground for cavity-causing bacteria.
- Sealants create a thin, clear, protective coating over the tooth enamel. The sealant is applied in liquid form,
so it fills in tiny pits and fissures where plaque buildup often begins.
- Root canal treatment may be necessary if the soft tissue inside of the tooth becomes damaged or infected. With modern
techniques and Dr. Moutevelis’ gentle touch, the process is comfortable and predictable. Patients often say it
feels like getting a filling, but takes a bit longer.
- Fluoride treatment helps prevent cavities by fortifying enamel. For this reason, some public water supplies and
many brands of children’s toothpaste contain fluoride, but the concentration is very low. A high concentration
formula, professionally applied, is recommended for optimal protection.
- Patient education is probably the most important aspect of kid’s dentistry. We are happy to answer your questions,
help you understand childhood tooth development, and guide you in the best practices for keeping your little one
smiling. We also educate children about good hygiene, using fun and positive reinforcement.
If your child is at least three years old, or has at least one tooth, it’s time to begin dental care. Join the countless Woburn families who have found a happy dental home with us.
MEET THE DOCTORS
Just call us at (781) 315-4456
and schedule a APPOINTMENT
to learn about your options. Our office is conveniently located in Woburn, and we welcome patients of all