Simply put, a dental implant is an artificial tooth. the replacement root is made of titanium, on which a crown is placed to recreate the look and feel of a natural tooth.
Individuals who have lost a tooth due to decay, or trauma, or who have a tooth that is so damaged that it needs to be removed, often consider dental implants to permanently improve the function of their teeth as well as the appearance of their smiles. Most patients who are in good health are excellent candidates for Implants.
Dental Implants offer several benefits to residents of Woburn, who desire to replace a missing tooth, or teeth. For example:
- Natural and permanent: Implants look, function, and feel like natural teeth.
- Better speech and easier eating: Dentures can slip and can take time for patients to learn to speak and chew. on the other hand, dental implants are secure, therefore, your speech will be crisp and clear, just like before. Additionally, you will be able to bite and chew normally without concern.
- Increased confidence: Dental implants can improve your self-esteem by giving you the confidence everyone has with a happy and healthy smile.
- Good oral health: Implants can permanently replace missing teeth without affecting the neighboring teeth and gums.
- Long-lasting: For patients who practice good oral care, implants are a permanent solution. They are strong, durable and function just like your natural teeth. Patients should be sure to brush and floss regularly and to visit the dentist at least twice a year for cleanings and checkups.
If you are missing a tooth, or have one you believe is badly damaged, call Four Corners Dental Care [phone] in Woburn, and schedule a Free Consultation with Dr. Moutevelis. Our team is committed to the health of your mouth and to giving you a smile you’ll want to show off!